A Transfer Student Services Organization (TSS)
Please take the time and read through the responsibilities of the T.S.A.S.C Transition Ambassador position. This is an amazing volunteer opportunity to get involved with the Osprey family.
Transition Ambassador will receive a letter of recommendation from the assigned TSS Adviser. Also, Ambassadors will be rewarded with a valuable Ambassador experience that can also be listed on the UNF Transcript. If hired, Transition Ambassador will serve from Fall 2016 – Spring 2017 with the option after term served to reapply for extended majority vote from the TSASC leadership team.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Responsibilities may vary with the needs of the program. It is imperative that the Transition Ambassador remains in regular communication with the Program Learning Osprey Coordinator, President, and the assigned TSS Adviser to remain apprised of any important TSASC information or updates.
Some responsibilities may include:
- Mandatory participation in regular Transition Ambassador meetings held bi-weekly.
- Must attend and assist with Open Houses, Transfer Orientations, Tours, Receptions, and Alumni Events. Coordinate transfer specific events geared towards fostering engagement in both academic and social events.
- Meet regularly as a group to plan TSASC activities and effectively communicate.
- Be cognizant of the transitional needs of first-year students and/or transfer students.
- Develop a rapport with students in their knowledge community.
- Be accessible and serve as an information resource for their knowledge community.
- Serve as a positive academic and social role model.
- Communicate accurate and timely information to students about TSASC and other important events.
Transition Ambassador position requirements:
- Attend Transition Ambassador orientation and all Training sessions.
- All staff must respect every other member of the leadership team and every member of the organization. No trash talking, rumor milling or negativity will be tolerated.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.25 throughout term and upon hire (GPA will be checked).
- Be in good academic and judicial standing with the university.
- Must attend events and be willing to participate in evening and weekend events as needed.
- All Transition Ambassadors must be dressed in either UNF gear or colors that correspond. (T-shirts will be given after the completion of the orientation training session.
Please fill out the application below: